Effective Date: 1 July 2017
In this Policy, “Personal Data” means information which relates to an individual and which identifies that individual, either directly or indirectly (together with other information that is reasonably likely to come into Blancco’s possession), such as your name, email address or telephone number.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your Personal Data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.blancco.com or www.dban.org you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this Policy.
1. Collection of Personal Data
When expressing an interest in obtaining additional information about the services, or requesting information on our resources, or registering for an event, purchasing or requesting evaluation of the services, Blancco may require you to provide personal contact information, such as name, company name, country, phone number, and email address annual revenues, number of employees or industry, and any other information you submit to Blancco to or through the services. Providing Personal Data to us is voluntary. If you do not provide Personal Data to us, you will not be able to benefit from some of the functionalities offered by our websites, such as communication, evaluation or service requests, enrolling in corporate events, downloading of documents or recruitment.
Information you provide us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site www.blancco.com or www.dban.org (“website” or “site”) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, search for a product, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter into promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our site or via support platform. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number or financial and credit card information.
Information we collect from you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- as applicable, technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources. We may also receive Personal Data from other sources, including third parties (for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies), and combine this information with the Personal Data we already have about you. This helps us to update, expand and analyse our records, identify new customers, and create more tailored advertising to provide products and services that may be of interest to you. Personal Data collected from third parties, for example from a tradeshow will share your information subject to the organizations respective privacy statements.
2. Purposes and Use of Personal Data
The purposes, for which your Personal Data is collected, are described below, along with a brief description of how your Personal Data may be handled in each case.
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, you may contact us via e-mail or post (addresses given in the Policy).
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Direct marketing and promotion. Direct marketing and/or promotional efforts by or on behalf of Blancco may include providing you with specific information that you have requested online, providing more general information about other Blancco offerings, or enabling you to participate to online contests or to register for any sponsored events.
Recruitment. If you submit a resume or job application online, we will use your Personal Data for recruitment-related purposes, which may include contacting you via email, telephone or post. In some cases, you may be required to register on our website in order that you may track the progress of your application online. Except where you request otherwise, Blancco may keep your Personal Data on file for an appropriate time in order to consider you for other employment opportunities with Blancco in the future.
3. Disclosure of your Information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- Selected third parties including: business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our site.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Blancco or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
4. Storage of Personal Data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. This includes staff engaged in, among other things, the fulfillment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your Personal Data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
Blancco may retain your information for a period of time consistent with the original purpose of collection. For instance, we may retain your information during the time in which you have an account to use our websites or services and for a reasonable period of time afterward. We also may retain your information during the period of time needed for Blancco to pursue our legitimate business interests, conduct audits, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
5. Communications Preferences
Blancco offers its visitors and customers, who provide contact information a means to choose how Blancco uses the information provided. You may manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of Blancco’s marketing emails. Additionally, you may unsubscribe here or by contacting us at email@example.com.
6. Your Rights
You have the right to access, review, correct, erase or otherwise modify any of the information or Personal Data that you have previously provided to us. You can exercise this right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail us at below address:
Blancco Central Services Limited
Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, PE29 6SR
FAO: Data Protection Officer/Compliance Officer
Cookies are/may be used on this website. By using our website, you agree that cookies are to be placed on your device as further explained below. Cookies are small pieces of data that a website sends to your computer’s web browser while you are navigating through it. They have many different purposes, but mainly, cookies enable you to navigate between pages easily, to remember your preferences, and eventually to improve the user experience. These cookies may then be stored on your machine to identify your computer. Cookies used on this website can be either set up by our website or by a third-party website. Moreover, these cookies can be “session” or “persistent” cookies: a session cookie is a cookie that is automatically deleted when the user closes the browser, whereas a persistent cookie is a cookie that remains stored in the user’s terminal device until it reaches a defined expiration date.
8. Sensitive Personal Data
As a general rule, Blancco does not collect “Sensitive Personal Data” through its website. “Sensitive Personal Data” means Personal Data concerning racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade-union membership, or concerning health or sex life. By volunteering unsolicited sensitive Personal Data to us (e.g., by submitting your resume or a job application online), you expressly consent to your Personal Data being used as described in this Policy.
9. Data Security
Blancco uses various technological and procedural security measures in order to protect the Personal Data we collect, use or transfer from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
10. Third-party Websites
Blancco websites may provide links to third-party websites. Blancco does not make any representations or warranties with respect to such third-party websites. You should be aware that the owners and operators of such third-party websites might collect, use or transfer Personal Data under different terms and conditions than Blancco. Upon linking to a third-party website, you should inform yourself of the privacy policies of such third-party websites.
11. Modifications or Updates
Blancco reserves the right to update the Policy at any time and without notice. You will be automatically bound by these modifications when you use the website, and should periodically read the Policy.